Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Whew

I'm beat. In the last several days, I got the bed I built put in with a new mattress, new shelf and towel rack installed in the bathroom, the bookshelves built on the basement walls, the guest bed repaired (the box spring needed a new bottom cover - Blackbutt likes to get inside, and the slats were falling out), we cleaned out the totally trashed basement (from back in December when we had the water damage repaired and moved everything from the wet room into the family room). I've been drilling, hand sawing, sanding, installing, constructing, shredding, moving, gluing, stapling, washing all the bedding, and who knows what else, and some of it in the hot, hot hot, garage. Even when not in the garage, it's still hot in here when working. And I'm still not done. The store didn't have enough brackets so I still have to paint and install three more shelves, finish loading all the books, install the faux headboard for the bed I built, do the regular laundry and...I'm sure there's more but I can't remember. Yep, I'm beat.

Now to get my dose of allergy meds, shower off the dust, and get some sleep. Geocaching in the morning with Monica! New machete - here I come to whack stuff!

2 comments:

Monica said...

yay! slashing at things with machetes!

Kara said...

Hi! Apparently, someone was chasing their kid around with a machete in our building...

Map Me