Sunday, July 11, 2010

Surgery Queen

It's hell getting old. Late last year, I had surgery. Nothing really important, girly in nature, and more of the weird variety than anything else. Of course it would be of the weird variety. It's me we're talking about here. I spent a nice two weeks or so recovering, ....then.....wait for it.....I developed something entirely new and HAD SURGERY AGAIN. Inside six weeks. This was more the routine variety problem. Gall bladder. Nasty pain. That pain however, did NOT stop me from going to Memphis and eating bar-b-q at Corky's. This is how I did it: main course - bar-b-q ribs, dry rub. Dessert - Percocet. I will not miss my ribs at Corky's in Memphis for any reason. Come to think of it, I had followed the exact same meal plan at Thanksgiving a few days before. Turkey dinner, Percocet. Well, surgery followed the next week and recovery took a little longer but was not as bad as I'd been led to believe it might be. Or my surgeon was just exceptional. I had AMAZING bruises though.

1 comment:

Monica said...

You were right when you said a bruise is like a badge. I have a nice purple reminder on my leg right now of the other day when I took an enormous tv to the salvation army. You sure do bounce back well from surgery. (But you don't have to keep proving it...) :)

Map Me